Kristinaferina Stitches











{November 29, 2010}   Week One Done – Queen Anne

Silk on linen…an interesting idea.  the silk is very….well…silky, lol, for lack of a better word.  The linen doesn’t “grab” onto the thread, so it can easily pull through unless you are careful.  The picture seems to look better than the actual piece right now.  Once the backstitching goes in, it will start showing the perspective.  I’m contemplating doing the backstitching as I go…I’ve done two little spots, but only because it seemed easier to use up the single ply in those parts.  I think it will look very pretty when done.  I’m trying to be very conscious of carrying the threads on the back.  I know thread shows through too easily on linen, and the negative space on this project is very important.  Makes me start and stop quite a bit!

Advertisements


{November 22, 2010}   Scratch that….I think.

The piece of Monaco wasn’t big enough.  SOOOOO glad I decided to measure it.  It’s a fat quarter…wide enough, but not tall enough.  Sigh.  So, I thought all I had was Aida on hand, 18 ct at that.  I totally forgot I have a piece of a light grey 28 ct linen.  The piece is big enough.  Whew!  So I’ll be starting the monotone queen anne on this light grey/dove grey? 28 ct linen.  I think, lol.

I just started.  Once I finish the 2nd floor middle window, I’ll take a picture and post it.  And then my many viewers, bahahahahaha, can tell me if it looks okay.  Turns out the fabric has a label on it, who knew???  The fabric is Spun Silver 28 ct linen.

Okay – here it is, one day’s progress.  Do the colors show up okay?  You can tell the diff in shades?  I was just worried that the silver fabric asn’t light enough.



{November 22, 2010}   Another One Bites the Dust!!

Two weeks and it is done.  Okay, so not completely done.  I need to add the beads, but they are on order.  Should be here next week.  I’m going to start the next project today though.  I just put this in a frame for fun for.  It’s too small, it’s a 10×13, I thought it was 11×14.  Not sure 11×14 will work either, hmmmm. 

And here is the next project.  Doing the Queen Anne on the top.  On 28 count white Monaco with dark blue silk by Vickie Clayton, called Velvet Midnight.  Stay tuned for status pictures!



{November 17, 2010}   Week Two – Eloquent Christmas

It’s an easy stitch…if I pay attention.  I’ve made a couple mistakes.  Frogged quite a bit and just noticed I made a doozy of a mistake when I started the “t”.  Threw everything off…and I found out when I was on the “C” – and I worked right to left, lol.  So I’ll try to fix it on the 4th page.  We’ll see.  Anyway, here’s where we are!



{November 10, 2010}   Update on Eloquent Christmas

Because SOMEONE is impatient, lol, here is a quick pic of my progress on Eloquent Christmas.  Not the best picture, I just propped it up against the computer screen and snapped a picture.  Stitching on a fabric with sparkly gold flecks, with Vickie Clayton silks, a varigated one called Old Maid of the Forest.  It’s a subtle color change, not sure how well it will show up here.



And this is what the final picture should look like:



{November 8, 2010}   Another finish!

Made this one for a friend for her new place!

I think I’m going to do a Christmas project now….should be another quick one!  On sparkly fabric with a varigated silk!  I’ll take a pre pic too.



et cetera